6.21.2011

The Day We Found Out We Were Having a Daughter

We decided on Saturday, June 4th, to have a sonogram at Stork Vision and Lawson, my parents, Jarrett's mom, Ashley, Abram and Asher were going to be there to see our baby for the first time and to find out if it was a boy or a girl.  The morning of I was just a ball of excitement.  Either way, I was going to be excited. 

First things first, I always look for the heartbeat before I relax into the sonogram.  There is just something about seeing that beating heart on the screen that confirms the precious life inside of me.  We saw the baby's profile, arms and legs.  The sonographer, Kristie, made her way to the babies lower half and let us know that she was about to try to see if it was a he or she.  My heart was pounding, and the baby wasn't cooperating (or she was being lady-like).  Kristie tried to get the baby to open its legs, but it just wasn't happening.  Jarrett said, "its a boy"  mistaking a foot for a boy, but she said no, we still can't tell.  She then had me roll over on my side, and again made her way to see if she could get the baby to cooperate.  And then she said, It's a girl!  My mom squealed embarassingly loud, and everyone was happy and excited.  Lawson had no idea what was going on!  It was such a fun moment and I loved sharing it with my family.




So the moment I found out we were having a daughter, I started to cry a little.  Silly, I know, but I have such an incredible relationship with my mom, and I was excited that I would get to share that kind of relationship with a daughter.

No comments: