12.09.2009

Weight Comments

I experienced something today that I never understood until I became pregnant.  I always thought that pregnant women should not be offended by people talking about their weight.  My thought was always "you're pregnant, you're supposed to gain weight".

That all changed today.  I did teacher training on Smartboards all day long.  At the very end of the day one teacher asked me when I was due.  I told her April and she said "Wow you are going to gain a lot of weight".  And as soon as she left I started tearing up.  I never thought comments like this would bother me, but it did.  I really just could not believe how insensitive she was.  

Well, I'm glad I got that first "weight" comment out of the way!!  Now it is just makes me laugh.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

LOL! And you will find with your baby when people make comments about stuff that you would think you could easily blow off, its the same way. It hurts your feelings! LOL! Just part of being a mommy I guess!

Morgan Rae said...

When I was pregnant with Jaxson, who was due in April, someone asked me if I was going to have a Christmas surprise in DECEMBER!!! I'm pretty sure I went home and cried. I was HUGE. You LOOK beautiful. I saw that you have gained only 24 lbs. I think that is PERFECT. So excited for you!!!

Beth said...

Enjoy the fact that this is about the only time in our lives that it's cute to be round! Except during the baby years when fat is just too too cute;)! You make a lovely pregnant lady and I decided that people who make those comments are well...to put it lightly...just plain stupid!!! You are doing great and you are glowing!!!