4.07.2010

Lawson's Birthday

March 29, 2010 is the day that my life completely changed.

This is before we left the house.

5:30 Arrived at the hospital

6:00 Got an IV and was started on Pitocin

7:30 Dr. Klouda arrived to break my water

7:30 to 11:00 Had contraction after contraction. After the first few difficult ones, Jarrett and I had the routine down. He held my hand and talked me through each contraction watching the monitor and letting me know when the contractions were easing up. During that time I received pain meds through my IV, but they didn't help much....just made me loopy and put me to sleep between contractions!! I was saying some pretty funny stuff!! Like so this is why people take drugs...I was joking!

(This is me on drugs!)

11:30 Was finally dilated to a 4 and the anesthesiologist came in and gave me my epidural. Aw.....relief!! I labored and progressed consistantly. Every time she checked me I was dilated 2 more cm. At around 2:00 I told Jarrett that I needed the nurse to check me because I felt ready to push! She checked me and I was at a 10, so she called the doctor and I started pushing. I pushed for about 45 minutes, and then Lawson Ryan English arrived at 3:17. What an incredible moment!! I was overcome with emotion and love for my child and my Savior who had blessed me with this miracle.

(Look at the creeper in the entryway, I remember while I was pushing thinking who is that guy. Never found out, but he is in all the pictures!)

On a side note, Jarrett was the most amazing coach/husband I could have asked for. I have never needed him the way that I needed him that day. I was overwhelmed by what an amazing husband I have been blessed with.


Lawson Ryan English

March 29, 2010

7 lb. 1 oz.

19 3/4 inches

3:17 pm

1 comment:

Otte, Party of Five said...

Awww, he is precious and GoRgEoUs... I am soooo excited for you, amanda. These will be the BEST years of your life ♥