1.26.2011

Baby Showers

I helped host a baby shower for one of my lifelong friends this past weekend.  I do like helping with showers, but more than that I love seeing my friends blessed with gifts, prayers and love from their family and friends.  There are very few times in life when you get to be together with all your closest family and friends at one time, so I think that time is pretty special.

I also LOVE all of the baby items.  I remember when I had my baby shower thinking that baby showers are WAY more fun than wedding showers.  I love his little coming home outfit that he got.


Here are the cookies we ordered for the shower from the Luscious Crumb.  I thought they turned out really cute. 


I also can't help but think back to the first shower I ever hosted.  It was in college and my roommate, Toni and I hosted it for our friend Amber.  We went to Sam's and bought tons of butter cookies, cheese, crackers and vegetables.  I'm pretty sure we could've fed about 200 people.  I remember a lady asking me how we washed the vegetables (I guess she could tell we were clueless and was afraid that we didn't wash them and to be honest I can't remember if we did or not!)  I've learned a lot over the years, especially from my SIL.  I'm helping with another shower in a couple of weeks for a friend I've had since Kindergarten.  I'm looking forward to seeing lots of old faces.

1 comment:

Toni said...

I'd say we've both come a long way in hosting since Amber's shower (poor Amber!).
Looks like it was a super cute shower. Love those cookies!