1.14.2011

Never Trust your Car

I ran out of gas.

It all started on my way to work this morning. My car said I had 55 miles until empty. No problem, I can make it to work and get gas at lunch. Well, I went to lunch with the guys so I didn't take my car. I got off work an hour early and immediately saw the warning flashing 22 miles left. I thought I would wait until I got closer to Lindale. Once I got closer it said I still had 18 miles to go. I though that was strange because my drive is over 20 miles, but I decided to trust my car. I picked Lawson up and headed home. I was on 69 in downtown Lindale right past the FB church and stutter stutter, put put. My car dies. Right in the middle of the road. I try to start it, but nothing. The truck behind me starts honking, cars start passing, my pits start sweating and my heart rate increases.

I did the only thing I knew to do, apologize to Lawson, put the car in neutral and pushed my car off to the side of the road. all.by.myself. I called Jarrett, started bawling and he came and rescued us. Lawson played an laughed through it all.



My view from the side of the road. So close, yet so far away.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Oh my gosh! I am so bad about letting mine go all the way down. I've been on zero miles until empty a few times, but never run out of gas before. I don't think I would even think to get out and push my car! I'd just sit there and cry!