1.11.2011

Jeans and a T-Shirt

I was trying to find a new blog background to freshen up the "look" of my blog (the one that I committed to update more frequently this year!!). (the one that I added 3 posts to last night and post dated them so it looked like I had done a lot of blogging this year already)

I am not your typical "girly girl". I feel uncomfortable wearing too much "bling" or having on too much make-up. I am always nervous when I go new places because I don't want to be the one that is over dressed. Basically I don't want attention drawn to myself because of how I look (unless it is because I have lost 5 lbs., I welcome that attention!)

So I wanted a background that wasn't too "girly" girl, but was just right....at least for right now.

On to my point, the name of this background is jeans and a t-shirt...PERFECT!! I love jeans, especially ones with a little spandex, and t-shirts. An ongoing joke between Jarrett and I is that we have our "dress" t-shirts and regular t-shirts. The "dress" t-shirts are if we are going somewhere and want to look nice. Our "dress" t-shirts get hung up in the closet while the others are folded in a drawer. Sometimes our "dress" t-shirts get ironed. It all started when Jarrett and I were first married and I asked him to look nice to go out to eat. With every serious bone in him he said, "I do look nice, this is one of my dress t-shirts".
Here's an example of a dress t-shirt versus a regular t-shirt.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

We call that a "Prom T-shirt" ~ Same concept though!! LoL! Aaron's are all the same t-shirt (TFD) only diff is the nice one's aren't faded... yet! He's got them on rotation: Dress, Regular, Cut-off, Work, TRASH!! He really get his money's worth out of a FREE t-shirt! Gotta love him!

Toni said...

Glad you confessed to the post dating, I keep up with your blog and when I looked last night I couldn't figure out how I had missed all the Christmas stuff!
Funny story about the t-shirts. I keep telling Preston the one's that say "Softball Champion" and "Jerry Kerr" have got to go in the trash, but thankfully he only wears them around the house.

Amanda said...

Ashley, I should've known those Shirts were on a rotation!

Toni, Jerry Kerr!!! Wow those are old t-shirts!!