1.19.2011

Transitions

We are working to have Lawson completely weaned before I leave for TCEA in Austin for three nights during February. This will be my first time away from him over night, and I am a little nervous about it. I know he will be fine and will love all the time with his daddy. I'm not so sure if I will be fine or not!

For the first time yesterday morning before I went to work, I didn't wake him up at 5:30 to nurse before I got ready to go. I have treasured that time with him in the morning. Even though I had to get up at 5:30, I love holding him and being close to him before I spend the day away from him. I will miss it!! I'll try to focus on the fact that I will get 30 extra minutes of sleep. Ha!

The weaning transition so far has gone pretty smoothly. The hardest part has been the night time transition. He typically falls right to sleep after nursing at 8:00. However, the bottle doesn't quite do it for him yet. Sunday night he was up a couple of times between 8:00 and 10:00. I finally got him back to sleep at around 10 for the night. AND for the first time Sunday night, I rocked him to sleep! I know that doesn't sound like much, but I have never gotten to rock him to sleep....I've just never had to because he always put himself to sleep. And when I would try to rock him, he would act like he wanted me to leave him alone so he could sleep! Finally the rocking recliner we bought for this reason is getting used!

As of right now, it has been over 24 hours since he last nursed. I'm thinking that probably means that "season" of life has come to an end...at least with Lawson. It has been such a sweet season for us.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I hope you are coping well with these transitions... Just tell yourself that the end of one phase brings an exciting new phase. There are so many things to be excited about that are still to come... :) Love y'all!!

Otte, Party of Five said...

Oh how I remember those days :( Just a little sad, but it's so nice to have your body back to yourself!